Some Interesting Facts About the Caribbean Premier League
The tournament has produced many cricketers across Caribbean region. The tournament has provided much-needed financial stability to players and WICB board. This year CPL marks the first franchise-based t20 league to be played amidst COVID-19 pandemic. The tournament is scheduled to be played between August 21 and September 10 this year and is played in closed doors due to COVID-19 Pandemic. WICB has ensured that all the safety protocols will be taken and players will be in quarantine for 14 days before the tournament begins. Not only are the players from the Caribbean but also from across the globe eager to participate in the tournament. This edition of the Caribbean premier league will be played only in two venues in Trinidad. One is the Queen’s Park Oval and another one is Brian Lara cricket academy. Here are some interesting facts about the Caribbean premier league:
As mentioned earlier the inaugural edition of CPL was held in 2013. Jamaica Tallawahs emerged victorious in that season. The current edition will be the 7th edition of the Caribbean premier league.
- The tournament has replaced Caribbean t20 championship as premier t20 league in the Caribbean region.
- Like Indian premier league CPL was also hosted out of the Caribbean region. In 2016 the USA has hosted few matches of CPL.
- Rashid Khan has become the first bowler to take Hatrick wicket in CPL and he has achieved this feat in 2018.
- Star West Indian allrounder Andre Russell becomes the fastest century scorer by smashing a century in just 40 deliveries. He has done this in 2018 against Tribango Knight Riders. Interestingly he has also taken Hatrick in the same match which made his team emerge victorious.
- St Lucia Zouks has registered highest ever total (226) in Caribbean premier league. They achieved this feat in 2018 against Barbados tridents.
- 52 all out is the lowest total recorded in the Caribbean premier league till now. Tribango knight riders have bundled out against Barbados tridents in 2013.
- Chris Gayle is the highest run-scorer in the Caribbean premier league till now.he has scored these runs by playing in different teams like Jamaica Tallawahs, St Kitts and Nevis patriots.
- Dwayne smith holds the record of most number of centuries in the Caribbean premier league. He has scored 4 centuries to his name. Overall till now, 18 centuries have been scored in the league so far.
- Chris Gayle holds the record of most number of half-centuries in the tournament. He has scored 17 half-centuries till now.
- He also holds the records of most number of sixers (146) hit in the tournament.
- Andre Russell recorded the most number sixers hit in a single game. He has hit 13 sixers against Tribango knight riders in 2018.
- Dwayne bravo holds the record of leading wicket-taker in the tournament. He has accounted 110 wickets in the tournament so far.
- Colin Munro records the most number of runs (567) scored by the single player in the tournament.
As this year’s edition of CPL approaching and if you are an ardent online cricket better it is right time for you to check these statistics and prepare the best CPL Betting Tips which will help you to stand out of your competitors. As world cricket is slowly resuming it is also important to develop best Cricket Betting Tips to try your hand on international cricket as well.